Thursday, November 4, 2010

Creative Space - Birdies and a quilt

It is a long time since I pieced a quilt top.  Time, space, circumstances... they have all made me lean towards smaller, more managable projects that come together quickly.  But I have some sweet little 'Honey Buns' (from the Moda pre-cut range), that are a set of pre-cut 1.5" strips -  they are in the shop, and I get quite a few queries about 'what can you do with these?'.

So, it was time to make a quick and easy strippy quilt, both for my own peace of mind - I haven't forgotten how! - and to showcase the beautiful fabrics from the Birdie range, by Me and My Sister.

I was inspired by this beautiful quilt by Red Pepper Quilts, so yesterday I started sewing strips together, planning the cross-cutting, and thinking about borders.... here is what has happened so far. 


I reckon that all up, it has been around 3 hours sewing so far - this has just confirmed my thoughts that pre-cut strips are "quilting made quick & easy!"

For more lovely creative spaces, visit kootooyoo !

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love to know that someone might be reading my rambling!