Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Not doing too badly...

Alright, so we women don't often give ourselves a pat on the back.  But tonight, I did.

I was cooking lamb roast for dinner, having gone to work, taken the kids to the library for new books, done the daily post office drop-off, cleaned out my car etc etc.  The phone rings.  Brad is crazy busy at work, and won't be home till late - very late.  I am able to say 'that's fine, honey - drive safely'.  Then I stopped for a moment and took stock...

I was -

* carving lamb roast
* frying hot chips (french fries)
* serving vegetables
* keeping the Busy Boy away from the hot oven
* having an email discussion with the real estate agent for our houses
* getting the Busy Boy to take his new Thomas Tank Engine fabric back to his room;
* setting the table for dinner; and
* generally maintaining total calm.....

all at the same time!  You go, girl!

I have scaled back my hours at the shop.  Next week we are closed for Busy Boy's surgery, and the week after that I am packing up and cleaning out, in preparation for The Big Move.  So today, after dropping Miss Blossom at kindergarten, Busy Boy and I came home for a while, cleaned house, I did some computer work, and we opened the shop at 11.00am.  It felt good.  I felt like I was coping with life on all the different fronts - kindy, home, shop, tags and labels - everything was in balance.

I think this is a life lesson for me.  I was drowning in work commitments, and letting all sorts of things slide on the home front.  When we  move, I think I will enjoy the time at home, and look to set up business in a way that better suits our family needs.  So much to think about.

In the meantime, check out my sweet new post signature, which I managed to do with the help of a tutorial from Life on Planet Baby. Great, huh?  You go, girl!


1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are doing lots better. =-).
    We will all be sad to see you move.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love to know that someone might be reading my rambling!