Monday, March 21, 2011

Holding it all together ...


I am holding it all together, just.  With a lot of help from my all-time favourite Cadbury's peppermint chocolate.  In the family block size.  One good thing about being married to a diabetic is that my chocolate is totally safe....

You want to know my favourite sound these days?  The soft, gentle, even sound of our boy breathing easily, in his sleep.  I still love the sound of the 2 kids running around and playing, but that reassuring sleepy breathing is music to my ears.

The rest of my family is in bed.  Ryan sleeping peacefully, Daddy and Naomi snuggled up together in her bed - they both fell asleep during bedtime story.  I have a few minutes to reflect, sip a cup of tea, and gather my crazy thoughts.

I am so grateful to customers of Tags and Labels, who have been so understanding about the crazy long delays in my label-making process, over the past 2 weeks.  It shouldn't surprise me - mothers across the world all feel the same, when our little ones are sick.

I have been flicking through a crochet pattern book that has been on my craft shelf for about 6 months now - Cool Crochet by Melissa Leapman. 


I am planning a crocheted jumper for myself, for winter, but am having a bit of deciding on a suitable replacement yarn, because the weights and brands listed are all American.  Can anyone recommend a chunky, soft 'bulky weight' yarn?  The pattern is in a nylon yarn, but I would prefer something natural...  Ironically, I own a shop that sells yarn. 

But I think I need something in about a 10-ply?

I have recently joined Ravelry, but am yet to come to grips with the amazing store of information and inspiration there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love to know that someone might be reading my rambling!