Sunday, March 20, 2011

In and out... of hospital

Well, this classifies as just about the worst couple of weeks we have had for a long time. 

Ryan has been in and out of hospital with chesty wheezing, suspected asthma, finally diagnosed with bronchitis.  We have been told to expect a 12 week recovery period, and he has been on steroids for a week now, and several days to go.  We are learning to cope with giving him ventolin through a mask and spacer, every 3 hours, which is traumatic for all of us.  But watching him struggle for breath is far worse...

We all had a night's sleep at home last night, but I think it will be a long time before I let Ryan sleep in his own room by himself again.  The thought of missing the signs of an impending bout of wheezing scares me.

On top of this, Brad had day surgery under general anaesthetic to have some teeth surgically removed, and Naomi had a nasty gastric bug last weekend.  Suffice to say I am buying us a new feathr duvet, because the old one took quite a beating one night.

Anyway, on happier news, I have been able to do a bit of crochet while sitting in the hospital rooms :-)

I hope your families are all healthier than ours has been!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, please all get well soon. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love to know that someone might be reading my rambling!