Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chocolate pudding that any mug can make!

Here it is, the recipe for chocolate pudding, also known in this house as 'the best ever use for spare mugs'....

Ingredients -

125g melted butter
125g melted chocolate (I used the cooking choc chips and melted in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water).
3 eggs
3 tablespoons plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
mixed berries and cream to serve

Preheat oven to 190 deg C (375F).  Mix the melted butter and chocolate together.  Add the flour, sugar and eggs to the mixture, stirring thoroughly.  Pour the mixture into 4 x 1 cup capacity ramekins (or spare mugs), that have been lightly greased.  Bake for 25 mins, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.  Dust with icing sugar and serve with berries and cream (optional).

These are divine when eaten warm, from the oven.  They also kept well in the fridge overnight, and were just as yummy when eaten at room temperature, or heated in the microwave, the next day!

I wish I had a lovely artsy photo of these beautiful puddings to add in here... but I don't.  My kitchen is dark, poky, and impossible to get a good photo in... and the puddings never last long enough to take outside for a decent shot!

I can't take credit for the recipe - it comes from a shopping centre calendar that my dear mother-in-law gave me for Christmas... thanks Southgate Shopping Centre!

1 comment:

  1. It's 11 pm. And I'm hungry. Must resist the temptation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love to know that someone might be reading my rambling!