Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When life hands you lemons....

I mope around for a while, feeling like I'm not coping with anything.... and then I make lemon slice :-)



I have been playing with a camera that is not quite new, but that I have never really taken the time to learn about.  And the fruit on the lemon tree in our backyard is just ripening.  Recipe for the lemon slice comes from the Women's Weekly 'Cook' book -  my kitchen Bible!

Tangy Lemon Squares

Base
125g butter, softened
1/4 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
1 cup plain flour

Lemon curd
3 eggs
1/4 cup plain flour
1 cup caster sugar
2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
1/2 cup lemon juice

Preheat oven to moderate (180'C). Grease circular springform pan.  Beat butter and icing sugar in small bowl with electric mixer, until smooth.  Stir in 1 cup sifted flour. Press mixture evenly over base of pan, bake, uncovered for about 15 mins or until lightly brown.

Place eggs, caster sugar, 1/4 cup plain flour, rind and juice in medium bowl; whisk until combined.  Pour egg mixture over hot base.  Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until firm. Cool in pan on wire rack.  Run knife around edge of pan, then release springform to remove slice.  Dust with extra icing sugar.

I hope your lemons are turning into yummy lemon slices this week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love to know that someone might be reading my rambling!