Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Creative Space - Classic reds

I am half way through making a sweet little play dress for Naomi, from a pattern by the talented Toni at Make It Perfect.  I should be finishing it off ... but as Naomi is having a nap (something which is becoming more and more rare for our 'big' 4 year old girl), I have tucked it to one side and pulled out some patchwork piecing that has been in the work basket for months.




I don't really have a firm plan for these classic red and white polka dots, other than that I am doing a courthouse steps style log cabin piecing, alternating with the reds and whites.  Using such wide strips (2.5"), means the blocks will grow very quickly, so after a couple of rounds I will probably stop and see if I can piece them into something that I like.... who knows!  But I figured crisp reds and whites, and simple polka dots, how far wrong can it go??


For more creative spaces, go and see the lovely Kirsty at kootoyoo


4 comments:

  1. An absolutely delightful combination every time! Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore red & white polka dots - and you are right, how can it go wrong!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me i am a red and white stripe girl myself, but totally approve of a spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those spotty prints. Cant wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love to know that someone might be reading my rambling!