Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Creative Space... Toot toot!

Do you have a project that is your long-term fall back project, for when you don't really have anything else specifically on the go?  This is mine... it is a chevron afghan blanket for Ryan (aka Boo).




He has an ongoing love of all things trains, including of course Thomas the Tank Engine.  So it was natural that his blanket for next winter had to be blue, white and red.  I started it last October, in the hope that it would be done by the coming winter.... as it is only about a third of the way there, I think the cool weather might  beat me to the finish line.



Actually, I got quite a lot done while sitting in the cramped bathroom, on a mattress, by the light of a torch, listening to the winds of Cylone Yasi whip around outside.  It was very useful to get Naomi to count my stitches - not at all useful for my crocheting, but very good for distracting her from something that she knew was scary.

For more creative spaces head over to Kirsty at http://www.kootoyoo.com/

3 comments:

  1. This blanket is a lovely project, it looks so carefully crocheted.
    I love your hats, I wonder where you find the time to do all the things that you seem doing.
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by at my blog. I LOVE to crochet too! I hope you and your family are doing ok. It must have been especially terrible for your little one having Yasi around. Are things calmer now? So glad you had a distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thanks for the visit. I love the crochet - I have been doing one for about the same length of time - I pick it up when the weather cools down and toss it aside when the heat returns (not much has been done recently!!). Good to hear that you made it through Yasi safely and with some productive crochet too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love to know that someone might be reading my rambling!