Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Sitting on the couch this evening, I said to Brad "Can you believe this is my 5th Mothers' Day?"  I still can't believe it myself. 

Five years ago I was 29 with a 3 month old baby, and living in a permanent state of exhaustion thanks to Naomi's total inability to sleep for more than 39 minutes at a time, day or night.

Now I am approaching 34, with Miss 4 and Mr 2 making life interesting at every moment.

I have so many memories of my own mother.  She was (and still is) such a strong person, who quietly supported my Dad in his ministry, and his full time work as a teacher.  Despite often having little in the way of worldly things, we children were never aware of our family lacking anything - we had all the love and support we could ever need.  She went back to work full time to pay for our University educations, and subsequently nursed my Dad with courage and love, until he joined our Lord.

I honestly hope that I can be half as good a role-model as I had.  So for Mothers' Day, I say these would be lovely....



But the smiles on these little faces are even better.



I love you Mum xx

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love to know that someone might be reading my rambling!